Free Grants For Business, Personal Needs or School.

VA - Burial Benefits - Presidential Memorial Certificates

Veterans-Active Duty > VA - Burial Benefits - Presidential Memorial Certificates


Program Description:

A Presidential Memorial Certificate (PMC) is an engraved paper certificate, signed by the current President, to honor the memory of honorably discharged deceased veterans.


General Program Requirements:

This benefit may not be requested for a living veteran.

The veteran must have received an honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions.

Certain National Guard and reserve members may also qualify.

Commissioned Officers of the Public Health Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration are considered to be active duty members and veterans, once discharged.

Eligible recipients (those who may receive a Presidential Memorial Certificate) include the deceased veteran??s next of kin and loved ones.

Requests for this benefit may only be submitted by an eligible recipient. An eligible recipient is the next of kin, a relative or a friend, or someone authorized to act on behalf of such relative or friend.





Loan Terms:

Not Applicable


Application Process:

For more information, see the Program Contact Information below.


Program Contact Information:

For more information about the Presidential Memorial Certificate program, please visit our web site at:

When requesting a PMC, there is no form or format to use. A simple written request will suffice.

Eligible recipients or their authorized agent may request a PMC using any one (1) of the three (3) methods listed below. Please only use one method. You may:

  1. Visit any VA regional office and speak with a representative.
  2. Send a request by fax to 1-202-565-8054; or by mail to:
    Presidential Memorial Certificates (41A1C)
    Department of Veterans Affairs
    5109 Russell Road
    Quantico, VA 22134-3903
  3. Use the "Contact the VA" web link (on the bottom of the page) at

All written or faxed requests must include a copy of the veterans' death certificate and a copy of the veterans' honorable discharge. Please do not provide original documents, as they cannot be returned.


Managing Agency:

National Cemetery Administration (NCA)

© FedAidWeb.com

  » FedAidWeb

  » Benefits Category

  » State Benefits

  » Fed Agencies

  » Govt Grants

  » Tax Topics

  » Links

  » Add Your Site