> Arizona Nutrition Assistance Program (NA)
The Family Assistance Administration's mission is to assist individuals and families in improving their quality of life. The Family Assistance Administration helps individuals and families achieve independence and self-sufficiency by providing temporary assistance in meeting their immediate basic needs. The FAA provides Cash Assistance and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance to eligible participants, determines eligibility for Medical Assistance, and refers participants to other departmental and community resources for assistance.
General Program Requirements:
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the State of Arizona and fall into one of two groups: (1) those with a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $2,001, or (2) those with a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $3,001 who share their household with a person or persons age 60 and over, or with a person with a disability (a child, your spouse, a parent, or yourself). For either group, you must also have an annual household income of less than $14,079 if one person lives in the household; $18,941 if two people live in the household; $23,803 if three people live in the household; $28,665 if four people live in the household; $33,527 if five people live in the household; $38,389 if six people live in the household; $43,251 if seven people live in the household; or $48,113 if eight people live in the household. For larger households, add $4,862 for each additional person in the home.
To apply for this program, you have two options:
- To apply online, visit: https://www.healthearizona.org/app/Default.aspx, or
- To apply in person, first print out application form FA-001- Application for Assistance, in your desired language and format:
Then, locate your nearest FAA office by visiting
and set up an appointment.
Please note- clients must have the following information available when applying:
- Social Security numbers for everyone, or proof they applied for a Social Security number
- Alien registration cards if there are non-U.S. citizens in the household
- Name, address and daytime phone number of a landlord or neighbor, if available
- A statement verifying your address and the names of everyone living with you. The statement must be made by a non-relative who doesn??t live with you and must be signed, dated and include the non-relative's address and telephone number
- Proof of all money your household received from any source last month and this month
- Registration/titles for all vehicles
- Bank or credit union statement (savings or checking) for the most recent month
- Proof of Savings Bonds, securities, retirement plans and life insurance
- Copies of rent/mortgage and utility bills (electric, water, gas, etc.) for the most recent month
- Proof of childcare expenses for the most recent month
- Proof of recurring medical expenses for anyone in the household age 60 and older, blind, or disabled.
Program Contact Information:
For more information, visit:
For questions or additional information, contact FAA Customer Services at:
1-800-352-8401 or 1-602-542-9935