> Social Security Disabled Surviving Divorced Spouse Benefits
These benefits are paid to the disabled surviving divorced spouse of a worker who had earned enough Social Security credits.
General Program Requirements:
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be divorced from a deceased spouse and meet the following requirements:
- Be at least age 50 but not yet age 60
- Have been married at least 10 years before the date the divorce became final
- Meet the disability related requirements
- Be unmarried, unless the marriage can be disregarded
- Not receiving a higher Social Security retirement benefit based on your own work.
If you would like to find out if you may be eligible for any of the benefits SSA administers, visit
Once you have completed the eligibility screening questionnaire, you will be provided with a list of benefits for which you may be eligible. Print this page for your records before going to the application site.Once you know which benefits you can apply for, to apply online, go to
You can also call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778) for additional information about SSA benefits and for application information.
Program Contact Information:
For more information on this and any SSA benefit, call:
1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778)
Visit our Publications page for detailed information about SSA programs and policies:
To review the Adult Listing of Impairments, visit:
U.S. Social Security Administration