> Hope for Homeowners
This is a new program for people at risk of losing their home due to default and foreclosure. The program provides new, 30-year, fixed rate mortgages that are insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). Homeowners having difficulty paying their mortgages may be eligible to refinance into a mortgage that they can afford. Hope for Homeowners is voluntary and both lender(s) and homeowner(s) must agree to participate.
General Program Requirements:
You should contact your lender to determine eligibility, but you may be eligible if, among other factors:
- The home is your primary residence, and you have no ownership interest in any other residential property, such as second homes.
- Your existing mortgage was originated on or before January 1, 2008 and you have made at least six payments.
- You are not able to pay your existing mortgage without help.
- As of March 2008, your total monthly mortgage payments due were more than 31 percent of your gross monthly income.
- You certify that you have not been convicted of fraud in the past 10 years, intentionally defaulted on debts; and did not knowingly or willingly provide material false information to obtain existing mortgage(s).
For more information, see the Program Contact Information below.
Program Contact Information:
Additional information is available at:
Information about the program is available at: http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page?_pageid=73,7601299&_dad=portal&_sche...
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development