Free Grants For Business, Personal Needs or School.

Refugee and Entrant Assistance - State Administered Programs

Living Assistance > Refugee and Entrant Assistance - State Administered Programs


Program Description:

Needy refugees (and other appropriate individuals) who do not qualify for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Medicaid programs, but who meet the income and resource eligibility standards of these programs, are eligible to receive special refugee cash assistance (RCA) and refugee medical assistance (RMA) through the refugee program during their first eight months in the US. The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) provides funding for a broad range of social services to refugees, both through states and in some cases through direct service grants. The purpose is to help refugees obtain employment, achieve economic self-sufficiency, and adjust socially as quickly as possible.


General Program Requirements:

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must not be a US citizen who is a refugee who has been granted asylum, who is Haitian, who is Cuban, who is Amerasian, or who is a victim of trafficking.





Loan Terms:

Not Applicable


Application Process:

For more information, see the Program Contact Information below.


Program Contact Information:

For more information please visit:


Managing Agency:

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

© FedAidWeb.com

  » FedAidWeb

  » Benefits Category

  » State Benefits

  » Fed Agencies

  » Govt Grants

  » Tax Topics

  » Links

  » Add Your Site