> Social Services Block Grant
The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) is a capped entitlement program that provides funds to assist states in delivering social services directed toward the needs of children and adults. These services include:
1) Preventing, reducing, or eliminating dependency
2) Achieving or maintaining self-sufficiency
3) Preventing neglect, abuse, or exploitation of children and adults
4) Preventing or reducing inappropriate institutional care
5) Securing admission or referral for institutional care when other forms of care are not appropriate
General Program Requirements:
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must characterize your financial situation as low income.
For more information, see the Program Contact Information below.
Program Contact Information:
For more information please contact your state's program office.
The contact for your state can be found at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services