> Homeless Veterans?? Programs
Veterans Affairs (VA) offers the following special programs to help homeless veterans:
- Domiciliary Residential Rehabilitation and Treatment Programs
- Homeless Grant and Per Diem Program
- Substance Abuse Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Residential Rehabilitation and Treatment Program
- Compensated Work Therapy/Transitional Residence Programs
Go to ?°Domiciliary Care?± for more information on Domiciliary Residential Rehabilitation and Treatment Programs.
General Program Requirements:
You must be enrolled in the VA health care system (or qualify based on one of the exceptions in the law). Go to ?°Basic Medical Benefits Package for Veterans?± to see the program requirements.
Generally, in order to receive VA benefits and services, your character of discharge or service must be under conditions other than dishonorable (e.g., honorable, under honorable conditions, general). However, individuals receiving undesirable, bad conduct, and other types of dishonorable discharges may qualify for VA benefits depending on a determination made by VA.
For more information, visit our Homeless Veterans website.
For information on how to apply for these programs, please call 1-877-222-8387.
Program Contact Information:
For more information, contact VA to ask a question on-line or search our Frequently Asked Questions at:
You may also call us at:
Veterans Health Administration (VHA)