FedAidWeb.com  

Grants

Free Grants For Business, Personal Needs or School.

EBSA COBRA Premium Assistance

Healthcare > EBSA COBRA Premium Assistance

 

Program Description:

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 contains COBRA premium assistance provisions that expand COBRA eligibility and provide eligible individuals with a 65 percent reduction of their COBRA premiums for up to 9 months. If eligible, these individuals pay only 35 percent of their COBRA premiums to the plan and the remaining 65 percent is paid by the employer through a payroll tax credit.

Individuals denied the COBRA Premium Assistance made available under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act may seek an expedited review of that denial by the Secretary of Labor.

 

General Program Requirements:

To be eligible for assistance, you must meet all of the following requirements:

  • You must be eligible for continuation coverage under COBRA or a state law that provides comparable continuation coverage (for example, so-called ?°mini-COBRA?± laws) at any time during the period beginning September 1, 2008 and ending December 31, 2009
  • You must elect continuation coverage when first offered or during the additional election period
  • You must have a qualifying event for the continuation coverage that is the employee??s involuntary termination during the period beginning September 1, 2008 and ending December 31, 2009.
The applicant (person requesting review of a denial of premium assistance) may either be the former employee or a member of the employee??s family who is eligible for COBRA continuation coverage or the COBRA premium assistance through an employment-based health plan. The employee and his or her family members may each elect to continue health coverage under COBRA, request the premium assistance, and request a review of a denial of premium assistance.

 

Status

Active

 

Loan Terms:

Not Applicable

 

Application Process:

For detailed application information, visit
http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/cobra/

and scroll to the heading "Applying for Review".

Please note: under this heading (at the bottom of the page) is a button labeled "Continue to next page". Be sure to click on this button to go to the next page, which will provide you with a brief eligibility check, let you know what you will need to apply, and allow you to apply online.

 

Program Contact Information:

For more information, visit:
http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/cobra/

Or call:
1-866-444-3272

 

Managing Agency:

U.S. Department of Labor
http://www.dol.gov/




© FedAidWeb.com





  » FedAidWeb

  » Benefits Category

  » State Benefits

  » Fed Agencies

  » Govt Grants

  » Tax Topics

  » Links

  » Add Your Site