> Byrd Honors Scholarships
The Byrd Honors Scholarships program provides scholarships to support post-secondary education to outstanding high school seniors who show promise of continued academic achievement in an effort to recognize and promote student excellence and achievement.
General Program Requirements:
In order to quality for this benefit program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduate of a public or private secondary school or have received a GED
- Be a legal resident of the state in which you apply
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Have applied to or been accepted for enrollment at an institution of higher education
- Certify that you are not ineligible to receive assistance as a result of default on a Federal student loan or other obligation
- Have filed a Statement of Selective Service Registration Status with the school that you plan to attend.
- A student attending a military academy is ineligible to receive this scholarship.
Students must apply directly to the State Education Agency (SEA) in their state of legal residence. Application deadlines are set forth by the respective SEA. Students must request the application package from the State Education Agency and follow their instructions for application procedures.
To contact your state??s SEA, visit:
Program Contact Information:
For more information on this program, visit:
If you have questions about this program, visit:
U.S. Department of Education